Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday: Endometriosis Awareness

Happy Tuesday!

I hope your week is going well, I'm counting down the days until Sunday because DAYLIGHT SAVINGS! I can't wait for it to be lighter out later, just one more step closer to summer ;) 

Anyways since today is Tuesday that means it's time for Twinsie Tuesday! The theme for today is Endometriosis Awareness. Now to be honest I know nothing about Endometriosis, so I decided to do a little research. From what I read I understand Endometriosis as a painful disorder that occurs when the tissue that normal lines the inside of the uterus grows outside of the uterus. This causes discomfort which can sometimes be severe and also fertility issues. Man, that sounds terrible. I'm glad that the theme for today is Endometriosis Awareness because I really don't think many people know about it, myself included, and I think it's important for everyone to know. The color for Endometriosis Awareness is yellow so I've got a bright yellow design below. Keep reading to see what I came up with!

I started with a base of Lime Crime Crema De Limon. When it was dry I stamped over it using Bundle Monster plate BM- 321 and Orly Glowstick for a subtle ribbon effect. When that was dry I used my cancer ribbon vinyls from The Little LacquerBean and painted over them with Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold. To finish this design off I sealed everything in with one coat of Seche Vite




I have to confess, I hate yellow nail polish. It's always difficult and I hate the way it looks with my skin! But I surprisingly didn't mind this mani, the two yellows really complimented each other and the outcome didn't close with my skin like I thought it would. Maybe I'll be trying out some more yellow designs in the future!

Don't forget to check out everyone else's Endometriosis Awareness manis for today, I'm super excited to see what everyone has come up with!


Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amanda at Fashion Footing 
Amber at Nails Like Lace 
Bridget at A Painted Nail 
Chelsea at Nailed Blog 
ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi 
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer 
Kristine at Pink and Polished Nails 
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished 
​Lisa at The Polish Playground 
Marisa at Polish Obsession 
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les 
Savannah at Addicted to Polish 

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment