Monday, September 22, 2014

31DC2014 Day22: Inspired By A Song

Happy Monday!! 

Not sure what's happy about it... Mondays suck!!!! But at least it means a new prompt for the 31 Day Challenge 2014: Inspired By A Song. 

I don't know if many of you know but I'm a huge country girl, I love me my country music! So today's nails are inspired by a country song of course ;) And the song is "Leave the Night On" by Sam Hunt. This song is my obsession right now and it meant I could do a night sky gradient! I've been itching to do a night sky gradient forever and now I can finally say I've done it ;) 

Want to know how I did it?

I started off with a base of Essie Blanc. When it was dry I created the gradient using Wet n Wild Black Creme, The Little LacquerBean Blue Ribbon Baby, and OPI Push & Pur-Pull. I added in some silhouette mountains with black acrylic paint, some stars with white acrylic paint, and a good coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust on everything but the mountains. I sealed it all in with some Essie Good To Go and that's it! 




I've never done a night sky gradient before but I have to say I'm happy with the way that these turned out! I definitely want to revisit this technique so be on the look out for some more night sky nails in the future!! 

Okay guys I want to see your Inspired By A Song nails! Post a link in the comments so I can see them!! 

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment