Tuesday, February 4, 2014

From the vault: Starburst Watermarble

Eeeeeeek my nails are NEKKID!!!!

I haven't painted my nails in almost a week! The horror right?! Lately I've been working on a project to improve my nail painting area, I bought my very first melmers from Michael's woohoo!! But you know I can't leave well enough alone and I had to Mod Podge the front with some pretty chevron paper and add some pink glitter and then when that was all done I had to completely reorganize my work area! It's still not finished but I'm hoping to put the final touches on tonight so I can finally get back to polishing! Don't worry I'll make sure to post some pictures too ;) 

So for now I had to pull out a manicure I did a while back, I'm surprised I didn't post it because I actually loved this design. I tried out my very first starburst water marble and even though it took me like 3 hours, I'm so happy with the way it turned out :) 

Since this was a while ago and you know I didn't write down what polishes I used I'm going to do my best to remember... if I get it wrong you can't yell at me though!! I started with a base of Azature White and then taped off around my fingers for easy clean up. When that was dry I created my marble using Maybelline Color Show Navy Narcissist, Maybelline Color Show Orange Fix, and Sally Hansen Hard Lemonade. I took the tape off, cleaned up, and added Color Club Snowflakes, a flaky iridescent topper, and put on some Poshe top coat over that to seal in the design. :) 






I think I wore this design for like five days! I really loved how unique it looked and the color combination is one that I don't usually wear. Actually the only reason I used these colors is because they all spread really well in water which made the marbling easier. I had to go through 6 or 7 polished until I finally found these ones :) I believe my original color combination was going to be using the Color Club Halo Hues but they just didn't want to work with me that day! Grrrrrrr ;) 

What do you think? Have you ever tried a starburst water marble? I forget which tutorial I used but there is plenty online so look it up and give it a go! 

Thanks loves :) 


6 comments:

  1. Oo this is sooooo amazing!! I really love it! (why do my marbles never look like this? XD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!!! It reminds me of a painting by van gogh, it's so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEEEEEK!!! Oh the horror of nekkid nails. LOL

    Good job on the water marble! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look beautiful, just like a painting!

    ReplyDelete