Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Valentine's Day Inspiration Nation

Love is in the air! 

Well it always is isn't it? I suppose I'm just looking for an excuse to use pink nail polish, but then again, I don't need one of those either... this blog IS called Pink & Polished riiiiight?! ;)

Details, details...

Anyways! I think it's about time for another inspiration nation post, I've been inspired by the extremely talented Lucy from Lucy's Stash time and time again and when she posted her Valentine's Day Dotted Swirl Nails I knew I had to give it a whirl! She even posted a tutorial video with some really helpful hints like how to get perfect swirls... I really recommend you watch it, it's so helpful! 

So I started this look off with a base of OPI Chic From Ears To Tail on all of my nails. When that was dry I created the dotted swirls using Essie Blanc, China Glaze Pool Party, and a dotting tool. I sealed it all in with some Poshe top coat and fell in love! 






Okay so, I absolutely love this design BUT these pinks do something to my camera that she just can't handle! I don't know if it's the neon-ness of CG Pool Party or just the fact that this light pink doesn't work with my skin tone... either way it looks like I did some nail art on a dead hand so I'm sorry for that ;( LOL But you'll just have to believe me it looks so pretty in person! Damn you camera devil!! 

Valentine's Day is right around the corner! What are YOU going to wear on your nails?
Thanks chickies :) 

12 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Lucy is an inspiration to us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very sweet and adorable - beautiful work, Kristine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Huge fan of dotticures, not done this spiral style yet, I get scared I'll mess it up lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this design! And i'll definitely go check out Lucie's video, as this is a design I've been kind of scared to try out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would absolutely recommend her tutorial it's so helpful! Thank you so much lady!! :)

      Delete
  5. I like it very, very much, wonderful colours, wonderful design! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zombie in love is a great look on you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well thanks Inky!!! Yah know I like to keep things interesting on the blog ;)

      Delete