Sunday, September 22, 2013

Vroom vroom!

Hey chickies

I was seriously lacking some nail inspiration a little while ago so I decided to use some outside sources and find out what they wanted to see on my nails. My boyfriend came up with a great idea... he just recently picked up a new motorcycle and thought it would be cool if I did some nails inspired by them. Now the bike he just picked up is pretty cool, it has chameleon paint on it that changes from emerald green to a pretty navy blue. It also has this silver crackle paint on the top. This gave me like 237489345649 ideas but I'm pretty happy with the one I decided on.

I tried to find a polish as close to the chameleon paint as I could get.... turns out I didn't have an exact match but the one I chose will have to do ;) 

To start this design a painted a base of Pure Ice Silver Mercedes. Then I created a ruffian look using China Glaze Unpredictable. I took Bundle Monster's place BM-208 and stamped with Pure Ice Silver Mercedes to give it that crackle-y effect. I top coated with some Poshe and was done! 







*trying* to catch the shift here.... didn't really work -_- lol

It came out much lighter then I intended... I think if I layered CG Unpredictable over a black base it would have given me better results. But oh well I still quite liked these nails and the boyfriend loved them ;) LOL

And bonus picture!! Here's his new bike. 



Snazzy!!! ;) Lol!
What's your favorite duochrome polish? 
Thanks chickies! :) 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that's a cool bike - and the mani goes so well with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maria!! :) I definitely felt pretty cool matching the bike ;) LOL

      Delete
  2. You can call it a perfect match! I'm amazed....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL My boyfriend was pretty impressed! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you found someone who appreciates your wonderfulness!
    My fav duos are the new uber chromes from I Love Nail Polish. A bit pricey, but so worth it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He most definitely does, I'm very very lucky! I SO want those I Love Nail Polish ones but I'm too poor to buy them -_- *le sigh* I'll just have to stalk your bloggy and live vicariously through you when you post them ;) LOL <3

      Delete
  4. Your bf's bike is really cool and so's this mani! Love it! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yun!! :) He's definitely in love with that bike so he was so happy when I showed him these LOL!

      Delete
  5. I like asking my bf for mani ideas because he always comes up with something completely different. I love your motorbike inspired nails, they look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought to actually ask him but you're totally right they have such a different look on things so they come up with ideas we would have never thought of! Thank you so much lady!! :)

      Delete